Family Promise Salt Lake (FPSL) is seeking a Case Manager
For confidential consideration, please submit the following items to email@example.com using the subject line: Case Manager
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
- Concise summaries of experience in one or all of the following areas: homeless populations, social work or related areas
Deadline: February 28, 2020
Applications will be reviewed starting February 13, 2020
(last updated, January 2020)
The Case Manager will participate in the full functioning of Family Promise – Salt Lake (FPSL) by affirming and assisting the contributions of other staff, as well as professional and ethically represent the organization.
- Accountable to the Executive Director (ED) for Case Management operations, programs services and other responsibilities of the position.
- The ED and the Case Manager will meet often and as needed to review responsibilities.
- Monthly responsibility checklists are to be completed and submitted to the ED. Annual performance reviews will be conducted by the ED based on the monthly checklists.
- The Case Manager is responsible for the timely completion of responsibilities with minimal oversight, ensuring that weekly hours are being met and that clients are being served, as well as identifying and reporting to the ED areas of concern/ inefficiency for the purpose of procedural improvements.
- Track and submit monthly time allotment reporting.
Current Clients (50% of time allocation)
- Provide intake screenings.
- Provide quality case management services to current clients.
- Develop case plans and goals for current clients.
- Maintain accurate current client files.
- Track hours and statistics of current guests.
- Advocate on behalf of the current guests as needed to help them access essential services and make appropriate referrals.
- Oversee and maintain donations and vouchers for current clients.
- Work with Program Manager in maintaining wait list.
Homeless Prevention / Aftercare Program (25% of time allocation)
- Provide quality housing retention services to former clients.
- Develop Housing Retention case plans and goals for former clients seeking aftercare.
- Maintain accurate former client files.
- Track hours and statistics of former clients.
- Advocate on behalf of the former guests as needed to help them access essential services and make appropriate referrals.
- Oversee and maintain donations and vouchers for former clients.
Documentation and Reporting (15% of time allocation)
- Maintain accurate client files.
- Maintain compliance with State of Utah HIMS date entry.
- Provide quarterly statistical information and reports to the ED.
- Maintain and update Program Policies and Procedures.
- Monitor and track Restricted Grants hours, dollars and spend down.
Other (10% of time allocation)
- Assist with marketing, fundraisers, communications and administrative responsibilities as needed.
- Represent FPSL and attend conferences and trainings that will assist in the improvement of services.
- Represent FPSL and participate in community trainings, planning councils, events, speaking engagements, and congregational presentations.
- Cover Program Manager & Housing Coordinator’s duties when needed.
- Take turns with other staff to be on-call to resolve issues with the current guests, staff and volunteers, except for designated time-off.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Social Work or related discipline required (CSW)
- 2+ years experience working with homeless populations preferred
- Working knowledge of Salesforce CRM software preferred
- Working knowledge of Homeless Management Information System (HMIS) (or ability to be trained quickly on data systems) preferred
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills
- Able to work with minimal supervision
- Proactive and solution driven
- Must be able to pass mandatory background check
Job Type: Full-time with on call duties
Salary: $39,000 to 41,000 per year starting depending on experience
- On call stipend
- Cell phone stipend
- Vacation/PTO/Sick Time
Interested applicants may also apply on Indeed.com